Niagara Pallet Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
2021 – 2026
Statement of Commitment
At Niagara Pallet our objective is to create and maintain a climate of mutual respect and cooperation in which all persons who access our facilities will be able to do so regardless of any disability they may have.
We are committed to making every reasonable effort to ensure that people with disabilities are treated with dignity and respect in a manner that upholds their independence. We are also committed to providing people with disabilities the same opportunities to access our products, services and employment opportunities.
Niagara Pallet’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated every five (5) years, or earlier if required.
The purpose of the AODA is to develop, implement, and enforce Accessibility Standards to achieve accessibility for all Ontarians. Niagara Pallet is committed to providing exceptional and accessible service to our customers and employees in a manner that respects their dignity and independence.
- Niagara Pallet team members are trained in accessible customer service
- Visitors may call ahead and request assistance in visiting our plant and offices
- Service animals are permitted
Integrated Accessibility Standards
Niagara Pallet is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. We strive to deliver an accessible customer service experience by ensuring that people with disabilities can access and equally benefit from the same service and facilities as other customers.
- Continue to develop and implement strategies to support visitors by providing accessible customer service.
- Annual training on accessibility standards to ensure all employees provide equitable and accessible service to visitors/customers and employees.
Information and Communication
Niagara Pallet is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- Upon request, Niagara Pallet can provide, or will arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports
- Niagara Pallet will continue to provide appropriate training to employees in accessible formats as needed.
- Niagara Pallet will strive to ensure that its website, including web-based apps are compliant with WCAG 2.0, Level AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
Niagara Pallet is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Equal access to recruitment and selection process – applicants requiring accommodation are invited to request this ahead of their interviews
- Accessibility statement on our career website, and communication materials
- Job postings and descriptions made available in alternate formats upon request
- Return to Work plans for those employees who have been absent from work due to a disability
- Niagara Pallet will work to provide a modified workplace emergency response plan upon request for employees with a disability
- Annually review accommodation plans with those who have identified with a disability to ensure the workplace continues to provide an accessible environment
For More Information
If you require more information on this accessibility plan, need to request this plan in an accessible format, or wish to provide feedback, please contact Janine Buffo by phone 905-386-7543, by email [email protected] or mailing address 2906 South Grimsby Rd. 8. Smithville, ON L0R 2A0
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (niagarapallet.ca). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.